You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

šŸ“¢ Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no oneā€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Disabled, cannot connect to itunes

My new iPhone set up by my grandchildren has been disabled as I forgot password. I have seen the directions to restore the ios. As I didn't know the password I have set up a new iTunes account for myself. But the ipad does not connect with iTunes and I have tried to get into recovery mode and dfu mode and cannot. When I hold the power button and a volume button I can shut off the ipad but when I continue to hold and connect to computer it gives me apple logo and hen back to ipad disabled screen.

I live in the Pacific where there is no authorised repair person and there is someone who says can fix it but wants a lot of money and again just asked for the email address and password that it was originally set up to. Which I don't know.

Can anyone offer any other suggestions as to how to fix this. I have used an apple lead and a generic lead an neither connect. A friend tried to connect her iPhone 5 to iTunes and it comes up with an unknown error that we cannot get around either, however the iPhone 4 connects to the iTunes. So im stumped as to what is the problem.

The Model is A2197 Serial DM***F3V 7th Gen. I selected 6th Gen below as there was no option for 7th Gen

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 1:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 10:55 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately you must now fully restore your iPad to factory settings.

Please refer to the following Apple Support documents.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Ipad Disabled, cannot connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.