You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scratches on new iPhone 11

Just purchased two new iPhone 11 for Christmas and today I have noticed multiple scratches on the screen. These phone have not dropped or been used roughly. I had iPhone 8, 7, 6 etc and never had this issue. I see that this is a common issue with this phone. apple stated that screens on the phone is supposed to be more durable than the past phones. What is apple going to do to rectify this?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 7:52 PM

4 replies

Jan 3, 2020 2:57 PM in response to mcesar0101

Hey there, mcesar0101!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're noticing scratches shortly after purchasing your iPhone 11.

Are you using a screen protector on your iPhone, or have you tried cleaning the screen?

Check out the following support article, which provides some tips on cleaning the screen:

Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

If you're looking for repair or replacement options, Contact Apple Support.

Take care!

Jan 3, 2020 3:10 PM in response to BreeZee_17

Yes i cleaned my screen and no I did not put a screen protector on it as yet however I have a case. I opened the box on Christmas Day and noticed small scratches on my by new year. I gently use my phone. I have never cracked my screen in all the iPhones I had. I have the same issue with the phone I purchased for my daughter and she also started using it on Christmas Day. She has been on vacation and have not been out the house!

scratches on new iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.