You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

factory reset didn’t reset restrictions passcode

i recently did a factory reset on my iPhone 8 plus with my iMac since i forgot my screen time passcode. this was supposed to reset the passcode but it didn’t. i set everything up as new and did not restore any backups. when it asked me to set up screen time, i clicked “continue” and set a different passcode than before and different app limits. when i finished setting up the phone, i checked in screen time and all my old limits came back, and when i tried my new passcode, it said it was incorrect. is my phone broken? or does it have something to do with my Apple ID? did I do something wrong?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 6:30 AM

Try another factory reset and when you get to the Screen Time setup, skip that step. Once you have the phone completely set up, go to Settings/Screen time and see if there are any restrictions there. If there aren't , try setting the desired restrictions and a new code.

Similar questions

4 replies

factory reset didn’t reset restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.