You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time limit

If I have set the app limit to 4 hrs a day and have selected all apps and categories does that mean each app is limited to 4 hours or all apps limited to 4 hours?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 6:32 PM

2 replies

Dec 25, 2019 7:03 AM in response to Bvanderzanden

Hi Bvanderzanden,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here. I see from your post, you have some questions for settings App Limits. I would be happy to help.

When you choose the All Apps & Categories option all the apps would be affected by the time limit you create.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Jan 5, 2020 4:28 PM in response to chris_g1

I don't understand the answer. If I put a 4 hour time limit that applies to two different apps (say twitter and facebook), does that mean that both twitter and facebook get 4 hours EACH, totaling 8 hours of screen time, or does it mean that after using both throughout the day, spending 3 hours on twitter and 1 hour on facebook, i will be locked out of both apps after the collective 4 hours is reached?

Screen time limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.