You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Screen Shut Down

Hello. So I’ve just bought this iPhone 11, yesterday actually, and within 1 day of use the screen shut down from nowhere. I was typing and then it turned off. Then after like 2 minutes it returned. I couldn’t turn on with the power button. I’ve checked online and there are a lot of people with the same problem as me. Do you guys no anything that can help me with this? It is a brand new 800$ phone. It was not supposed to do that.

thanks everyone!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 10:35 AM

Hello Angelo9402,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that the screen on your new iPhone 11 shut down unexpectedly and would not turn back on for a few minutes. You've come to the right place for help.

If you're using your iPhone in a cold environment outside of acceptable temperature ranges, this can cause the device to power off in order to protect the battery:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

"Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off."

You can also learn more about this behavior under the "Preventing unexpected shutdowns" section here:

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

While it's not the typical experience, an iOS device can become frozen due to a variety of factors. Forcing your device to restart following the "If your screen is black or frozen" section can help:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If neither scenario describes what you encountered, could you tell us more about what happened when you experienced this behavior? Did the iPhone seem to be frozen with the screen locked but powered on? Did the iPhone restart displaying either an Apple logo or spinning icon before powering on again?

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2019 10:35 AM in response to Angelo9402

Hello Angelo9402,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that the screen on your new iPhone 11 shut down unexpectedly and would not turn back on for a few minutes. You've come to the right place for help.

If you're using your iPhone in a cold environment outside of acceptable temperature ranges, this can cause the device to power off in order to protect the battery:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

"Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off."

You can also learn more about this behavior under the "Preventing unexpected shutdowns" section here:

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

While it's not the typical experience, an iOS device can become frozen due to a variety of factors. Forcing your device to restart following the "If your screen is black or frozen" section can help:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If neither scenario describes what you encountered, could you tell us more about what happened when you experienced this behavior? Did the iPhone seem to be frozen with the screen locked but powered on? Did the iPhone restart displaying either an Apple logo or spinning icon before powering on again?

Cheers!

iPhone 11 Screen Shut Down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.