You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity Monitor Inoperative

I have an iMac Retina 4K, 21.5 inch, Late 2015, 3.1 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 8 GB of memory, 1 TB SATA Disk, running macOS Catalina Ver.10.15.2.

When I upgraded to Catalina I lost most of the functionality of my Activity Monitor. When I open the Activity Monitor I can see the description of the processes, but no associated numbers for CPU, Memory, Energy, Disk, or Network. Can see graphs and number at bottom for totals. I think I have proper checks for columns in view selected.

Does anyone know what my problem could be?

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 3:02 PM

6 replies

Dec 16, 2019 8:46 PM in response to gartlandh

You can delete the Activity Monitor .plist preference file in "~/Library/Preferences". Make sure Activity Monitor is not running when you delete the preference file. When you relaunch Activity Monitor it should recreate the preference file with default settings. Option click on the "Go" menu in the Finder and select "Library". Then navigate to the "Preferences" folder in the Finder window which opens.

Activity Monitor Inoperative

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.