You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Barely used Apple Pencil will not charge.

I have hardly used my Apple Pencil but I paired it up with my replacement iPad Pro. After some time the iPad recognized the Pencil, paired up with it, and said the Pencil has a 3% charge.

Problem - the Pencil will not charge either when connected to the iPad or connected to USB with the power adaptor.

What is going on? How do I get it to charge?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 9:20 AM

Hello,

With all LithomIon batteries, if you leave them depleted for an extended amount of time then it will no longer re-charge. By keeping your Apple Pencil's battery discharged it has essentially ruined the device. If your Apple Pencil is still covered under warranty then I suggest that you reach out to Apple.

Contact AppleCare

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2019 9:20 AM in response to stephenfromwinchester

Hello,

With all LithomIon batteries, if you leave them depleted for an extended amount of time then it will no longer re-charge. By keeping your Apple Pencil's battery discharged it has essentially ruined the device. If your Apple Pencil is still covered under warranty then I suggest that you reach out to Apple.

Contact AppleCare

Barely used Apple Pencil will not charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.