You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Model A2215 (GSM) - Japan - Camera shutter sound off outside Japan

Hi,

I know that every smartphone in Japan has its camera shutter sound on and it can't be turned off. If I eventually buy an iPhone 11 Pro Model A2215 (GSM) for use in Brazil and Europe would it be possible to torn off the camera shutter sound? Is it related to a special firmware for the Japan Market or is it related to the use of a local carrier simcard in Japan?

If I use it in Brazil with a Brazilian simcard would it be possible to turn off the camera shutter sound?

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 10:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 10:31 AM

No.

The shutter sound can not be silenced on that phone regardless of where it is used.

1 reply

iPhone 11 Pro Model A2215 (GSM) - Japan - Camera shutter sound off outside Japan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.