You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch - Too many passcode attempts - I didn't attempt, and I haven't forgotten my passcode!

When storing my apple watch in my bag I always get too many passcode attempts. In this case, it's completely locked me out.

How do i prevent this from happening?

It indicates to reset my watch - i power down, and the same happens. Does reset really mean 'reset to factory defaults'?

This is a bug when storing the watch in a bag!!!

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:25 AM

Something in your bag is rubbing on the screen the watch is seeing this as a passcode attempt.Before you put watch in your bag put the water lock on and this will prevent any accidental screen touches.Just remember to turn the water lock off again when you use the watch.

To turn off Water Lock mode, simply turn your Digital Crown

counterclockwise. Your Apple Watch will then start beeping multiple

times.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2019 8:25 AM in response to joeschmo1969

Something in your bag is rubbing on the screen the watch is seeing this as a passcode attempt.Before you put watch in your bag put the water lock on and this will prevent any accidental screen touches.Just remember to turn the water lock off again when you use the watch.

To turn off Water Lock mode, simply turn your Digital Crown

counterclockwise. Your Apple Watch will then start beeping multiple

times.

Apple watch - Too many passcode attempts - I didn't attempt, and I haven't forgotten my passcode!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.