You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos

Have signed in into my new apple phone but my photos ain’t back why is that. Also I checked my iCloud storage it shows it contains some files so why ain’t my photos back

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 1:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 3:52 PM

Have you signed into Settings/Your Name/iCloud using the same Apple ID that was used to sync the photos to iCloud and turned Photos syncing on? Have you allowed enough time for the photos to sync? The photos sync is very, very slow. Depending on how large the Photos Library is the sync could take a couple of days or more.

If the photos don't sync, try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Photos syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2019 3:52 PM in response to wingateCW

Have you signed into Settings/Your Name/iCloud using the same Apple ID that was used to sync the photos to iCloud and turned Photos syncing on? Have you allowed enough time for the photos to sync? The photos sync is very, very slow. Depending on how large the Photos Library is the sync could take a couple of days or more.

If the photos don't sync, try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Photos syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.