You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving files from iCloud drive back to MacBook Pro

I moved all my Macbook Pro (MBP) documents onto the iCloud Drive a couple months ago so that they could be synched to my iPhone, iPad, and MBP. Now, I decided that most of them don't need to be on the iCloud Drive, just on the MBP, but when I move them back to the Documents folder on my MBP, the documents stay on the iCloud Drive, so the documents are now on the iCloud Drive AND the MBP.

How do i remove the documents from the iCloud drive so that they are no longer connected to the MBP?

I am using MacOS 10.15.1on a mid-2015 MBP.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 3:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 6:55 PM

If you are syncing Desktop and Documents, you need to move them to a different folder, not the Documents folder. In the Documents folder, they sync back.

Towards the end of the article are instructions for getting the files back on your computer.

Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

Similar questions

1 reply

Moving files from iCloud drive back to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.