You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get my pictures out of iphoto?

I just upgraded to Catalina, and when I open Photos, I'm missing some pictures that were in iPhoto. I can no longer open iPhoto since it is a 32-bit application. How can I ensure that all of my pictures from iPhoto were copied over to Photos?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 3:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 3:13 PM

Do you perhaps have more than one iPhoto Library?

You can switch between your libraries, if you hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. Release the options key⌥ when the library chooser dialog appears. Then try all libraries you are seeing in turn.

To check for all photos in a Photos library use the "All Photos" view. The "Days" are only showing a curated selection, of what Phots has picked as the best photos in your library.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2019 3:13 PM in response to garciaddge

Do you perhaps have more than one iPhoto Library?

You can switch between your libraries, if you hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. Release the options key⌥ when the library chooser dialog appears. Then try all libraries you are seeing in turn.

To check for all photos in a Photos library use the "All Photos" view. The "Days" are only showing a curated selection, of what Phots has picked as the best photos in your library.

how do I get my pictures out of iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.