You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup

My phone won’t back up. It’s fully charged, connected to fast speed wifi, I reset all settings like it says to do online. I have enough space for it and it still won’t do it.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 5:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 5:58 AM

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Make sure you have enogh space in iCloud.¨¨If a message says that your last backup couldn't be completed

Then try:

1. Check that you're connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Ensure your device is up to date.
  3. Try to back up on another Wi-Fi network.
  4. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

I addition to this as a temporary way to backup, you can backup with iTunes until you get it to work.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2019 5:58 AM in response to AngieleeC

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Make sure you have enogh space in iCloud.¨¨If a message says that your last backup couldn't be completed

Then try:

1. Check that you're connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Ensure your device is up to date.
  3. Try to back up on another Wi-Fi network.
  4. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

I addition to this as a temporary way to backup, you can backup with iTunes until you get it to work.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.