You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music ... What a Disaster

I have over 200 playlists that mostly seem to bridge across my iPhone, MacBook & iPad.

However, only about half of the playlists on my mobile devices have music in them.

They are basically just 'empty shells' ... The playlists are on my iphone and macbook, yet they have no songs in the playlist on my iPhone ... This is so frustrating.

Additionally, if I am on my iPhone and try to add a song to a playlist, this new and improved Apple Music app crashes.

I have never envied a 'Droid user until the Catalina upgrade and the the removal of iTunes.

If a new App that is so crucial to your business model doesn't work properly ... then why roll it out and frustrate your loyal customers?

Apple Music ... What a disaster.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 11:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 4:36 AM

I have been trying to add a CD I have on my iMac onto my iPhone and because of Catalina and the 'MUSIC' change I can't figure out how to copy music I legally own onto my iPhone 8 Plus and my iPad Pro. I also have Apple Music. I'm in my first month of trial and I am seriously doubting I will keep the 5 billion songs except this one CD I purchased back in 2001.

I made a smart list of the artists work and it won't transfer over either. It shows up. But features nothing but clouds with exclamation points in them which tell me to go to iTunes and turn on cloud synching.

Been there. Done that. Where's MY music?

Just disgusted and NOT impressed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2019 4:36 AM in response to peeko-de-gallo

I have been trying to add a CD I have on my iMac onto my iPhone and because of Catalina and the 'MUSIC' change I can't figure out how to copy music I legally own onto my iPhone 8 Plus and my iPad Pro. I also have Apple Music. I'm in my first month of trial and I am seriously doubting I will keep the 5 billion songs except this one CD I purchased back in 2001.

I made a smart list of the artists work and it won't transfer over either. It shows up. But features nothing but clouds with exclamation points in them which tell me to go to iTunes and turn on cloud synching.

Been there. Done that. Where's MY music?

Just disgusted and NOT impressed.

Apple Music ... What a Disaster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.