You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free 1 yr of Apple TV

Im seeing online when you purchase a new iPhone, iPad, Mac after Sept 10 you. get 1 free year of Apple TV.

I just purchased iPhone 11 tru T-Moble. Do i qualify?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 11:59 AM

9 replies

Dec 5, 2019 9:19 AM in response to 07Catm

If you bought a new iMac (from Apple or authorized reseller) or refurbished (direct from Apple, resellers don't qualify) and are subscribing for the first time, then follow the steps below. If that still doesn't work then contact Apple support

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Jan 1, 2020 6:50 PM in response to kthyb

I would like to confirm with Apple that if you purchase a product that Apple states you will receive Apple TV for a year free it only will work on the product you purchase. Am I correct? I purchased 2 new iPhones for 2 of my family members. I own multiple Apple TV box controllers that are attached to my TV’s. I do not get free Apple TV on them. I had to go to the iPhones I purchased in order to see the free Apple TV offer. Then I realized it only worked on the device itself. It was not attached to my Apple ID. This is very misleading by Apple. Do I need to purchase new Apple TV boxes to get Apple TV? Do you even get free Apple TV free if you buy the box or do you have to buy their laptop and phone to get this free service for a year? What good is Free Apple TV on an IPhone?

Also be aware that only “Apple TV would be free” not any other regular tv program that you can choose on Apple TV. That is an extra cost.

Free 1 yr of Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.