You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Recorded you” email

A few weeks ago I’ve got a notice from my C.C company that there were some attempts to use my credit card, seemed suspicious so they cancelled the card. next morning I received an email basically saying that my device was hacked, attached one of the passwords I was using (for nothing important) and that he has access to my email and was recording me so I better pay him with bitcoin or else...

I’ve changed all of my passwords on every account I had using the safari password suggestions for a strong password. I notified our local police, and they couldn’t find the source of this email, they told me that it’s not the first time they hear about it for the last few months, it’s a scam and I should just change passwords and delete this email.

i still get those emails on a regular basis,

it’s the sixth time I’ve received this email...

should I be concerned that I still get those ?? How can I prevent it or block it ?

funny thing is that he said it’s a computer, which I never use, I’m only using my iPhone.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 7:23 AM

Just keep deleting them or ask your carrier for help in blocking them.

3 replies

“Recorded you” email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.