You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I copy, sync music from i-tunes library to a USB Flash Drive so I can listen to that music in my vehicle . New vehicle no longer have CD players , so I need to use the USB hub. Thank you !

How to sync music from I-tunes library , that was downloaded from a CD , to a Flash Drive. I don't see anywhere on the " controls " icon to set mp3 as the flash drive.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 12:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 1:45 PM

I use Windows. So for my truck, I copy/paste from the library to a USB drive using the file explorer. You can also drag and drop if you prefer. At what level you choose (album, artist, song) to copy/paste, drag/drop will depend on what, where and/or how you intend to use the USB drive.

I have 10K+ songs on a 128gb Sandisk USB drive. It takes a while to index (Chevy MyLink) but it works great.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2019 1:45 PM in response to Teelin

I use Windows. So for my truck, I copy/paste from the library to a USB drive using the file explorer. You can also drag and drop if you prefer. At what level you choose (album, artist, song) to copy/paste, drag/drop will depend on what, where and/or how you intend to use the USB drive.

I have 10K+ songs on a 128gb Sandisk USB drive. It takes a while to index (Chevy MyLink) but it works great.

Oct 21, 2019 12:52 PM in response to Teelin

Hi Teelin,

Thanks for reaching out. If you don't have an iOS Device, I recommend that you get either an iPhone or iPod.

The iPod is significantly cheaper, you can synchronize your music from iTunes by plugging in the iPod to your Windows PC and copy the music. Once the music is on your iPod then you can plug the iPod into the vehicle and listen to your music.

https://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

P.S. If you get a new iOS Device, I recommend an additional charging cable to keep in your car.

How do I copy, sync music from i-tunes library to a USB Flash Drive so I can listen to that music in my vehicle . New vehicle no longer have CD players , so I need to use the USB hub. Thank you !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.