You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering note from backup (after deleting from recently deleted)

I deleted a note from the recently deleted folder and would like to know if there's a way to recover it or if it's gone forever. I have looked on the cloud but i can't find it there, is there a way to recover it from a backup?

Thanks

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 11:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 11:52 AM

You can recover it from that backup as long as it is in the backup and as long as you don’t mind restoring everything in the back to your device which will overwrite the current contents. You can’t selectively pick what to restore, it is all or nothing.

However, if you were using Notes with iCloud, it wouldn’t be in the backup anyway. Those notes would be syncing in iCloud and if you delete it on one device, it is deleted everywhere and once removed for the recently deleted folder, it is gone for good.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2019 11:52 AM in response to _eva_

You can recover it from that backup as long as it is in the backup and as long as you don’t mind restoring everything in the back to your device which will overwrite the current contents. You can’t selectively pick what to restore, it is all or nothing.

However, if you were using Notes with iCloud, it wouldn’t be in the backup anyway. Those notes would be syncing in iCloud and if you delete it on one device, it is deleted everywhere and once removed for the recently deleted folder, it is gone for good.

Recovering note from backup (after deleting from recently deleted)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.