You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing contacts in IOS 13

How do we family share our contacts in IOS 13 between our different phones and iPads?

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 7:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 8:47 AM

Hello lgalbiati! 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re interested in sharing contacts between different iOS devices.

With Family Sharing you’re able to share purchases, storage, location, calendars, reminders, and some photos. Contacts are not automatically shared with Family Sharing. This article will give you all the details of what is shared with Family Sharing: Family Sharing

If there are Contacts you need or want to share with others in your Family group, you can easily share the Contact card with them, and they can then add it to their Contacts. Once it is in the Contacts, it will be synced across all devices which are using the same Apple ID. You’ll find the steps on how to, “Share a contact,’ in this article:  Add and use contact information on iPhone. Once they have received the Contact card, open it and select, “Create New Contact” from the list of options. This will allow it to be added to the default account in Contacts. 

I hope this is helpful.

Enjoy the day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2019 8:47 AM in response to lgalbiati

Hello lgalbiati! 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re interested in sharing contacts between different iOS devices.

With Family Sharing you’re able to share purchases, storage, location, calendars, reminders, and some photos. Contacts are not automatically shared with Family Sharing. This article will give you all the details of what is shared with Family Sharing: Family Sharing

If there are Contacts you need or want to share with others in your Family group, you can easily share the Contact card with them, and they can then add it to their Contacts. Once it is in the Contacts, it will be synced across all devices which are using the same Apple ID. You’ll find the steps on how to, “Share a contact,’ in this article:  Add and use contact information on iPhone. Once they have received the Contact card, open it and select, “Create New Contact” from the list of options. This will allow it to be added to the default account in Contacts. 

I hope this is helpful.

Enjoy the day!

family sharing contacts in IOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.