You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with downloading/Mail/Installing software indicating disk full when it isn't

Hi,

I have a Mac running Catalina. I have been getting the following issues:

• the mail program keeps going into error with the following message:
    • Mail cannot save information about your mailboxes because there isn’t enough space in your home folder.
  • when I try to download files from either Safari or Chrome they won't complete download
  • Installing a program that needs circa 40MB says there isn't enough disk space.

These issues would point to a drive being full or nearing capacity however I only have a single volume which is a 1.08TB drive. Currently it is showing as 224.01GB free with 843.98GB used. In addition I have also tried deleting quite a bit of stuff (circa 100GB). Anyone got any ideas what the issue is?

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 10:33 AM

this hasn't been solved (finger trouble). It has now been referred by apple support to the Engineering team who have said they have seen this a couple of times and are in the process of developing a software fix for it

Similar questions

3 replies

Issues with downloading/Mail/Installing software indicating disk full when it isn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.