You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The lack of options for viewing and using transparent ”raw”/*.png/etc.-images, since the iOS 13 Update

Hello!

Before the update to iPad OS 13, I had no problem watching, using or creating transparent *.png files.

Since the update, the only location where I can view the images as transparent, is in the files section.

If it only was in the photo gallery section that the images were “dumbened” down to images with a white background, it would make no difference to me; but since it affects the photo editing apps where the iPad has been useful to me and many others, I find it sort of annoying.

Will there be an update that adjusts this issue, or should I get used to having to find complicated saving procedures for managing my *.png-files in the future?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 1:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 11:00 AM

Hello,

This is not occurring on my iPad. Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2019 11:00 AM in response to Björni

Hello,

This is not occurring on my iPad. Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

The lack of options for viewing and using transparent ”raw”/*.png/etc.-images, since the iOS 13 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.