You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Persistent and/or automatic instant hotspot connection for MacBook Pro and iPhone?

I constantly have difficulty with this feature. So many times it fails to connect and then if I keep trying eventually it will connect on its own or sometimes with various different remedies (opening hotspot settings on the phone, resetting wifi, bluetooth and/or hotspot on both devices). It is really painful and inconsistent.

Can I make this connection automatic between MacBook Pro and iPhone? Where I wake up my MacBook and if there is not a known wifi network in the area it automatically connects via instant hotspot? Any solutions for this from apple or a third party?

Or can I at least improve it? This challenge has followed me through multiple versions of iPhone and MacBook Pros over the last several years and various OS upgrades.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Similar questions

1 reply

Persistent and/or automatic instant hotspot connection for MacBook Pro and iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.