You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot screen time passcode, cannot reset and erase all content on phone without the passcode

Hello,

I forgot my screen time passcode. I tried reseting my iPhone by erasing all content but it requires you to enter your iPhone Lock passcode AND your screen time passcode. Everything online says to simply reset and erase all content but that does not work because you first must enter your screen time passcode. There is nothing from Apple anywhere on how to fix this issue. I may have an old backup in iCloud that was before I set this passcode but if I can't erase the current content of my phone what do I do? Someone please help!!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 11:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 11:49 PM

Try restoring to a backup you took before you set the code, or just do : erase your device, then set it up as a new device

1 reply

Forgot screen time passcode, cannot reset and erase all content on phone without the passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.