You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone won't let me open any apps are open any notifications and it also won't let me turn off my phone, when I press and hold the volume and power button the slider doesn't show up

how can I fix this?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 12:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 1:27 PM

Hi tiff1021,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. From my understanding, it sounds like your iPhone is unresponsive, and force restarting it doesn’t resolve the issue. I’d love to share some steps that should help. 

First, if you’re using a screen protector on the display, try removing it to see if apps and notifications will open.

Next, the method to force restart your iPhone is different depending on your device model. Use the steps in the section, “If your display doesn't respond to touch” in this Apple Support article to be sure the correct steps are being taken: Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes, then check for a software update. Keeping the device fully updated often resolves many unique issues. Before doing so, be sure your personal data is backed up to iTunes or iCloud: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this gets you started. Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2019 1:27 PM in response to tiff1021

Hi tiff1021,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. From my understanding, it sounds like your iPhone is unresponsive, and force restarting it doesn’t resolve the issue. I’d love to share some steps that should help. 

First, if you’re using a screen protector on the display, try removing it to see if apps and notifications will open.

Next, the method to force restart your iPhone is different depending on your device model. Use the steps in the section, “If your display doesn't respond to touch” in this Apple Support article to be sure the correct steps are being taken: Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes, then check for a software update. Keeping the device fully updated often resolves many unique issues. Before doing so, be sure your personal data is backed up to iTunes or iCloud: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this gets you started. Kind regards.

my phone won't let me open any apps are open any notifications and it also won't let me turn off my phone, when I press and hold the volume and power button the slider doesn't show up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.