You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch S2 Shut Down after 50% battery

Hi, recently I have update the version 5.3.1 and the problem start when I use normally then afternoon around 5-6PM the watch shut down it self and show charging cable needed. After put on charging wait for 5-10min it turn back normally. But I can see the 100% battery status remind for few hours after charging. Please advise can I go back pervious version or any solution to solve this?

What I have done:

• Unpair and reset the watch - problem still the same
  • Battery drain until shut down and leave it for few days then charging to 100% and re-pairing back - problem still the same
  • Change the band or casing or screen protection - problem still the same

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 10:01 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 22, 2019 8:37 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy wrote:

Nothing to do with version, but the data about the battery that you reported.

FYI, I leave it until battery drain and finish. After that, I recharge the Apple watch and it wouldn't turn on anymore. Next day the Apple watch battery swollen and screen pop up. Bring it to Apple store (Switch) and they inform me no more warranty after 2 years. I think Apple watch series 2 have serious problem on the battery. You can google it around the news on Apple Watch Series 2 Swollen Problem. Very sad my Apple watch no luck on warranty and have to throw away as here (Malaysia) do not have ecosystem on this watch.

Apple Watch S2 Shut Down after 50% battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.