You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spelling suggestions

Why is the spelling suggestion feature always trying to correct what I type ?

and conversely...I make typing mistakes, as in this question box where I have inadvertently hit the NRP when trying to use the come on you can say it two words space bar. Wow I didn’t think it was ever typed those two words.

So in an email I was trying to type the word Gilligan, and wanted to keep putting in the word Gilliam. Obviously here you can tell the difference, so Why couldn’t it in the email?

The other thing it does if I miss type of word and hit the it will keep the miss type a word in there even after I correct the word. I am obviously attempting to use the speech to text feature which you can see is struggling a little bit.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 1:12 PM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2019 1:14 PM in response to Trailmster

I did not say nothing, (I just typed nrp by the way, and you see it entered “nothing”). I said “n” and “b”. And while I’m at it what is the stupid microphone at the top of the iPad instead of the bottom where someone’s mouth would be while they’re speaking so that they could actually see the screen? Another stupid implementation of something on the iPad!

spelling suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.