You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finding my phone

is it possible to locate my phone if its on silent mode

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 1:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 2:51 PM

Locate a device

1. On iPhone or another iOS device, open Find My iPhone.
  2. Or on a computer, go to the Find My iPhone web app on iCloud.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID, then select the device you want to locate.
  4. Tap Actions, then tap any of the following:
    • Play Sound: Play a sound at full volume for 2 minutes, even if the ringer is set to silent.
  • Lost Mode: Immediately lock your missing device with a passcode and display a custom message on the screen with a contact number. Find My iPhone tracks and reports the location of your device, so you can see where it’s been.
    • When a device that supports Apple Pay is in Lost Mode, Find My iPhone immediately suspends your credit, debit, and student ID cards and disables Apple Pay, even if the device is offline. It suspends Express Transit cards the next time the device is online. See Remove your cards from Apple Pay if your iPhone is lost or stolen.
    • Erase your missing device: Protect your privacy by erasing all the information and media on your missing device and restoring it to its original factory settings. Activation Lock prevents anyone else from activating and using your device, even after you erase it with Find My iPhone. On models that support Apple Pay, erasing iPhone immediately suspends your credit, debit, and student ID cards and disables Apple Pay, even if the device is offline. It suspends Express Transit cards the next time the device is online.

Ask Siri. Say something like: “Help me find my iPad” or “Play a sound on my iPod touch.” Learn how to ask Siri.

Use Find My iPhone to locate your device - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/find-my-iphone-iph09b087eda/ios

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2019 2:51 PM in response to dutycycle

Locate a device

1. On iPhone or another iOS device, open Find My iPhone.
  2. Or on a computer, go to the Find My iPhone web app on iCloud.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID, then select the device you want to locate.
  4. Tap Actions, then tap any of the following:
    • Play Sound: Play a sound at full volume for 2 minutes, even if the ringer is set to silent.
  • Lost Mode: Immediately lock your missing device with a passcode and display a custom message on the screen with a contact number. Find My iPhone tracks and reports the location of your device, so you can see where it’s been.
    • When a device that supports Apple Pay is in Lost Mode, Find My iPhone immediately suspends your credit, debit, and student ID cards and disables Apple Pay, even if the device is offline. It suspends Express Transit cards the next time the device is online. See Remove your cards from Apple Pay if your iPhone is lost or stolen.
    • Erase your missing device: Protect your privacy by erasing all the information and media on your missing device and restoring it to its original factory settings. Activation Lock prevents anyone else from activating and using your device, even after you erase it with Find My iPhone. On models that support Apple Pay, erasing iPhone immediately suspends your credit, debit, and student ID cards and disables Apple Pay, even if the device is offline. It suspends Express Transit cards the next time the device is online.

Ask Siri. Say something like: “Help me find my iPad” or “Play a sound on my iPod touch.” Learn how to ask Siri.

Use Find My iPhone to locate your device - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/find-my-iphone-iph09b087eda/ios

finding my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.