You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Mac Mini without keyboard and monitor

I'm a PC user and planning on purchasing a new Mac Mini for software development purposes.

I want to keep the Mac Mini totally compact without a keyboard, mouse or a monitor and remote into it from my PC. I just want to make sure this is doable.

Here are my questions:

1. When I turn on the Mac Mini for the first time, will it automatically pick up an IP in my WiFi and be accessible via the network?
  2. Will I be able to set up the Mac Mini without a keyboard and monitor when I first turn it on or will I need them for the initial set up?
  3. Last but not least, will I need any third party software to remote into the Mac Mini or is it built into the OS and I should be able to connect directly?

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 12:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 12:56 PM

Yes.

I have a similar setup with my Mac mini, since I use it as a web server. I can remote in just fine with TeamViewer

@hcsitas, Teamviewer is free for non commercial use. And there are several other options that are free too. LogMeIn is a paid product however.

6 replies

Using Mac Mini without keyboard and monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.