You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water got inside the phone - Face ID does not work, the camera is cloudy, the color rendition is broken

Hello. I am the proud owner of IPhone X, I decided to use the function of moisture protection and make a video - I put the phone into the water by 20 centimeters for 1 minute. the result is sad - the water got inside the phone, the water in the camera - Face ID does not work, the camera is cloudy, the color rendition is broken. Iphone X does not meet the stated characteristics, with respect to protection from moisture - it simply does not exist. I won't even write about the battery. Naturally, you will advise me to contact the service department, where they will tell me that the case is not guaranteed and will offer to repair it for 200-400 dollars. I and my family are very loyal to the products of Apple, in circulation about 20 items from Apple. But you disappoint me (

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 4:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 4:43 AM

Why on earth would you put an expensive piece of electronics into water? Really? Electronics and water do not mix. It really is not very bright to do what you have done, and you need to take responsibility for it. No iPhone is water proof, they are water resistant, and you really need to check out what that means.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2019 4:43 AM in response to MikhailPerch

Why on earth would you put an expensive piece of electronics into water? Really? Electronics and water do not mix. It really is not very bright to do what you have done, and you need to take responsibility for it. No iPhone is water proof, they are water resistant, and you really need to check out what that means.

Water got inside the phone - Face ID does not work, the camera is cloudy, the color rendition is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.