You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

water damage

I used my iPhonex inside swimming pool and take lovely pictures and used it after that for 3 hours very well with no problem then ...it shutdown and couldn't open it until now ...what is the problem??

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 10:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 11:02 AM

The problem is that it is not water proof. It is splash and water resistant. That means if you accidentally splash water on it, in most cases it will be fine.

By deliberately exposing it to water, and presumably submerging it, you have fried your phone. Water and electronics do not mix well.

Make an appointment at the genius bar of your local Apple Store and get an out of warranty replacement.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2019 11:02 AM in response to basemelsherbiny

The problem is that it is not water proof. It is splash and water resistant. That means if you accidentally splash water on it, in most cases it will be fine.

By deliberately exposing it to water, and presumably submerging it, you have fried your phone. Water and electronics do not mix well.

Make an appointment at the genius bar of your local Apple Store and get an out of warranty replacement.

Aug 10, 2019 5:24 AM in response to KiltedTim

This is misleading. FromApple I knew that it is ip67, meaning that it is dust resistant and water resistant for a depth of around 3 feet. All people who have lost their phones this way read it and believed it. I need a solution to help me out with my phone please. I am living a complete Apple life and I do not want to lose trust. Thank you for being kind enough to understand

water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.