You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods case loses charge

Hi,

I just got my Airpods yesterday and I have already noticed that the charging case seems to lose charge relatively fast when the airpods are in it.

Even when both airpods are on 100%, the case loses about 20% per day or at least 1% every hour. Is this normal?

It's just odd that even if I don't use the headphones at all and don't remove them from the case, it would be at 0% within 5 days - surely this isn't right. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 12:31 PM

Hello,

I don't think that it is anything to worry about. See this for more information:

Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life

However, if you are still concerned, have them checked: AirPods Service and Repair

Good luck.

2 replies

Aug 7, 2019 12:11 PM in response to MrBill3

Hi,

Thank you for your response! However, the information does not really cover the issue I have brought up.

I was wondering whether it is normal for my Airpods case to constantly charge the Airpods even whilst on 100%. The case is losing up to 30% charge per day without any use and to me this doesn't seem right.

Then, with use, the case is almost empty after 2 days. If the case is able to provide up to 24 hours of charge for the Airpods alone - and I am only using them for a few hours a day - this really does not add up!

Thanks.

Airpods case loses charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.