You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Twofold question about being unable to get signal to Audacity using Mojave. Other options or am I able to revert to High Sierra using time machine?

Recently I went back to do some work on some older sound recordings I made with Audacity while using High Sierra as my OS. I was trying to use my external mixer through the USB port to record (as I always had) some additions and found that my laptop (late 2012 MacBook pro) would no longer recognize my mixer or get any signal whatsoever. I can see signal when I go to System Preferences>Sound>Input and select USB CODEC but I'm not getting signal recognition when I'm using Audacity. After a little research I see that my Mac doesn't play well with some programs and hardware using Mojave that it did while using High Sierra. I tried going to System Preferences>Security>Privacy and allowing audacity to control my computer but to no avail. I like Mojave in every other respect but if I can't get it to work with my older recordings I'll be required to revert to the older OS to continue my work in that particular idiom.

So my question is twofold:

1) Have I exhausted all attempts to get Mojave to play nice with Audacity?

2) If so, can I revert to High Sierra using time machine?

If it matters, my external mixer is a Berringer Xenyx Q1202 USB console.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 10:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 12:51 PM

Don't know how I missed it previous but the answer is here...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209175

Similar questions

1 reply

Twofold question about being unable to get signal to Audacity using Mojave. Other options or am I able to revert to High Sierra using time machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.