You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad says it’s currently restoring but it has stopped

I’ve had my iPad for two weeks and it still says in my settings when I chick on iCloud backup “This iPad is currently being restored and will back up when it’s done. Restore in progress (39 MB remaining).” It downloaded an update but says it can’t install it until the back up is done but it’s been stuck at 39 MB this whole time. I’ve got it plugged in and on wifi but still no change. I’m able to use it but would like the restore to finish so I can install he update. When I click stop backup it talks about losing stuff so I don’t want that.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 3:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 5:29 PM

Hello,

It sounds like you need to do a fresh restore of your device. Please follow the following Apple support document.

If you can’t update or restore your iPad

1 reply

New iPad says it’s currently restoring but it has stopped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.