You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch fall Detection

Does the apple watch call emergency numbers when i am still moving - my seizures have movement, secondly does the watch have to be hit with extreme force, as sometimes my seizures arent always hard. Thirdly can the emergencies be chosen as i do not need a watch to call the ambulance, i am looking for a watch to alert my husband.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 6:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 1:41 PM

The fall detect function might not be what you need, because it always starts with a 911 (or other emergency number if outside USA) and only when that is completed will it notify your personal emergency contacts. There is no way we can guess if your movements would inhibit the fall detect function, everyone is different and every detected event will be slightly different. For a better description of hope it works see Use fall detection with Apple Watch Series 4 - Apple Support

I suspect the only way to decide if it will work for you is to discuss with your doctor at the next visit, and probably a practical real world test would be needed to be sure of your conclusions.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2019 1:41 PM in response to not_tech_savv13

The fall detect function might not be what you need, because it always starts with a 911 (or other emergency number if outside USA) and only when that is completed will it notify your personal emergency contacts. There is no way we can guess if your movements would inhibit the fall detect function, everyone is different and every detected event will be slightly different. For a better description of hope it works see Use fall detection with Apple Watch Series 4 - Apple Support

I suspect the only way to decide if it will work for you is to discuss with your doctor at the next visit, and probably a practical real world test would be needed to be sure of your conclusions.

Apple Watch fall Detection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.