You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage Plan

The correspondence below was emailed to me, and I’m curious as to why they’re needing my payment information seeing as I purchased a song on iTunes, and they had no problem processing my payment. I would like this correspondence to be verified! Thank you!

“Dear Linda Perrotta,On 06/29/2019, we attempted to charge you for your 200GB iCloud storage plan, but there is a problem with your payment information.Your account will be downgraded to the free 5 GB storage plan if we cannot successfully renew your subscription.Follow the instructions below to update your billing information:

1.Go to Settings and tap iCloud.

2.Tap your name.

3.Tap Payment and follow the prompts.

You can also update your billing information on a Mac or PC.The iCloud Team”

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 6:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 6:45 PM

I would like this correspondence to be verified!

Nobody here can or will speak for Apple and you are not speaking to Apple here.

Having said that, this seems to be a genuine message from Apple. It uses what appears to be your name, which is a clue.

That you purchased a tune on iTunes may be moot. Same date? same Apple ID?

I suggest you call support. >>> https://support.apple.com/contact

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2019 6:45 PM in response to lperrotta76

I would like this correspondence to be verified!

Nobody here can or will speak for Apple and you are not speaking to Apple here.

Having said that, this seems to be a genuine message from Apple. It uses what appears to be your name, which is a clue.

That you purchased a tune on iTunes may be moot. Same date? same Apple ID?

I suggest you call support. >>> https://support.apple.com/contact

iCloud Storage Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.