You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music family sharing

Currently, my dad is the organizer for our family sharing. We just signed up for an apple music family account through his apple ID. I use his apple ID for itunes and app store purchases, but I have my own for all of my devices and I have my own cloud storage plan under my apple ID.

I would like to know how to make my apple music account show that I am using my apple ID instead of his. I would like to follow friends and their playlists, but it shows that I am my dad when I do all of that. I have tried changing the account for family sharing to my own apple ID, but I have not followed through because it threatens that the rest of my family will lose access for 90 days.

Please let me know how to make my apple music show that I am using my own apple ID instead of my dad's apple ID.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 2:14 PM

I use his apple ID for itunes and app store purchases,

Please let me know how to make my apple music show that I am using my own apple ID instead of my dad's apple ID.

You can't have both of these things the way you going about it. You sign in to a device for all iTunes purposes which includes Apple Music.

If you are a member of his family, he can share a Family Apple Music subscription with you, allowing you to use your own Apple for ALL iTunes purposes.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2019 2:14 PM in response to Jared_33

I use his apple ID for itunes and app store purchases,

You can't have both of these things the way you going about it. You sign in to a device for all iTunes purposes which includes Apple Music.

If you are a member of his family, he can share a Family Apple Music subscription with you, allowing you to use your own Apple for ALL iTunes purposes.

Apple music family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.