You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the MIDI CC default value settings?

Hi!

I've been looking for a chart with the default MIDI Continuous Controlers value settings and all I could find was a video on YT that states that CC7 (volume) = 96 and CC11 (expression) = 127; but I'm not sure if this is the standard for all software, or if it's different on Logic Pro X.

Does anybody have such a chart with all the values?

I'd also like to know if there's a way to reset a given CC# to its default value when automating a MIDI region on Logic Pro X.

Thanks! :)

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 2:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 3:36 AM

There are no default values for CCs. Usually they are at 0. However, CC11 should land on 127, as it is designed to only turn volume down. CC7 is 127 for full volume on a MIDI instrument, yet when it's used to control the fader of an audio- or instrument-track *in Logic*, 90 will hit unity gain while 127 will give +6dB of gain.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2019 3:36 AM in response to Nanreh

There are no default values for CCs. Usually they are at 0. However, CC11 should land on 127, as it is designed to only turn volume down. CC7 is 127 for full volume on a MIDI instrument, yet when it's used to control the fader of an audio- or instrument-track *in Logic*, 90 will hit unity gain while 127 will give +6dB of gain.

What are the MIDI CC default value settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.