You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m having trouble sending iMessages to one user.

I’m having trouble sending iMessages to one user. We both have iPhones (6s) with iMessage on and cell service. I tried restarting, turning iMessage on and off, waiting, and resetting settings. It started at some point last night when I was in the car and chose to send some texts as text messages but now it will only send text messages to this specific person by default. I can send iMessages to other people. my phone isn’t very old so I’m not sure what’s up.

thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 11:25 AM

IF you can imessage everyone else except for this one contact, then the issue is on their end.

if you sent them an imessage and it sent as a text, then they either don't have imessage turned on, or is in an area with a weak wifi or cellular data signal.

Similar questions

1 reply

I’m having trouble sending iMessages to one user.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.