You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting photos

I’m trying to delete some photos and videos. I deleted them from my camera roll and recently deleted. A few minutes later they show up again in my camera roll. I haven’t connected to Itunes and have Icloud turned off for photos so I’m not sure why it won’t let me delete them. As a result of this issue I keep being told that I’m out of storage when I still have over 30GB of storage left, can you help me fix this issue?

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 1:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 2:45 AM

Have you checked, how many photos and videos are in Recently Deleted? The recently Deleted album may stop working, if it is getting too full. Try to empty it, before you try to trash more photos.

Which system version is installed on your iPhone?

lexie212 wrote:
I haven’t connected to Itunes and have Icloud turned off for photos so I’m not sure why it won’t let me delete them.

Have the photos you are trying to delete been save to camera roll by a third party app? Or have they been taken with your iPhone camera? if you save the photo from a different app, you may not be able to delete them using Photos.

Have you checked, if iCloud Photos is still disabled? An updtae may have turned it on, without you being aware of it. Check the Settings "Your Name > iCloud > Photos" to be sure. Has any of the iCloud options for Photos been turned on?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2019 2:45 AM in response to lexie212

Have you checked, how many photos and videos are in Recently Deleted? The recently Deleted album may stop working, if it is getting too full. Try to empty it, before you try to trash more photos.

Which system version is installed on your iPhone?

lexie212 wrote:
I haven’t connected to Itunes and have Icloud turned off for photos so I’m not sure why it won’t let me delete them.

Have the photos you are trying to delete been save to camera roll by a third party app? Or have they been taken with your iPhone camera? if you save the photo from a different app, you may not be able to delete them using Photos.

Have you checked, if iCloud Photos is still disabled? An updtae may have turned it on, without you being aware of it. Check the Settings "Your Name > iCloud > Photos" to be sure. Has any of the iCloud options for Photos been turned on?

Jun 15, 2019 2:53 AM in response to lexie212

were taken with my camera.

Sorry, I am still not quite sure where the photos came from. Do you mean the built-in camera on your iPhone or iPad or did you import photos you took with a different camera from a card? Have you used a third-party.app to import the photos to your device? Some of them will save the photos to a camera roll, but need the app to delete them.

Try to set the date of the iPhone or iPad back to the time, when the photos have been taken. Then llok again at "Recently Deleted". Are you now seeing more photos in this album? Try to empty the album with the date set back in time.

If it does not help, try to take all photos out of Recently Deleted, then try, if you can delete them at least, if you only trash one at a time.

Are you using an iPhone or an iPad? Which system version is installed?

deleting photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.