You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water in XR front-facing camera

My phone is a few months old and I recently got caught out in the rain with the phone in my pocket. I was soaked, but got the phone out of my wet pocket after about 15 minutes. The next day, I noticed that face ID was no longer working and, upon inspection, I could see tiny water droplets gathered inside of the front-facing camera. I was under the impression that the phone was meant to be waterproof to an extent, let alone water resistant. Does my phone have a defect? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks for the suggestions.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 8:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 10:25 PM

Take the iPhone to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center. Let them assess it and advise you how to proceed.

For your information:

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

1 reply

Water in XR front-facing camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.