You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set old iPhone 7 to share photos with new iPad Pro

Bought a used iPad Pro 2017 and finished the initial setup manually. Then downloaded some apps so the iPad would look like the iPhone I have.

After uploading all the photos I had on my iPhone to iCloud for the first time which took roughly 20hrs, I got my iPad to check whether I can view the photos I uploaded with my iPhone. I hit the photo and there is nothing I can see.

I did some checking and I see that I have two Apple ID’s on my iPhone and I had setup a single ID for my iPad which I read one Apple ID was all I needed to access all services offered by Apple.

Is this the reason why I am not being able to see my photos on my iPad since I don’t have a separate Apple ID for iCloud like on my iPhone? If so how can I change my two ID’s on my iPhone into one single one identical to the iPad?

I am not good with computers and I don’t know how and what to do to correct my problem.

Your help will be appreciated.

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 6:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 4:03 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Bighorndohc,

I see that you're wanting to use one Apple ID on your iPhone, to make it the same as your new iPad that you just set up. I'd be happy to provide you with some information to help.

You can use two Apple IDs, one for iCloud and one for the iTunes & App Store. However, if you're just wanting to use one on both devices, I can help with signing out and then back in with the one that you want to use. Keep in mind that Apple ID information can't be merged. So any purchases that you made with the Apple ID that you're going to sign out of on your device, they will not be on that device any longer. The steps are listed below on how to sign out and then back in with which ever Apple ID you wish to use.

Sign out of iTunes & App Store: Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap on your Apple ID and sign out. Once you're signed out, restart your device and go back to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign in with the Apple ID you want to use. This step will temporarily remove any music you’ve saved for offline listening, you will have to redownload all the music saved for offline manually again.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

The article below shows how to sign in with your Apple ID, and at the bottom it does explain that you can use two separate Apple IDs, one for iCloud and the iTunes & App Store and how to do that as well.

Sign in with your Apple ID

Hope that helped!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2019 4:03 PM in response to Bighorndohc

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Bighorndohc,

I see that you're wanting to use one Apple ID on your iPhone, to make it the same as your new iPad that you just set up. I'd be happy to provide you with some information to help.

You can use two Apple IDs, one for iCloud and one for the iTunes & App Store. However, if you're just wanting to use one on both devices, I can help with signing out and then back in with the one that you want to use. Keep in mind that Apple ID information can't be merged. So any purchases that you made with the Apple ID that you're going to sign out of on your device, they will not be on that device any longer. The steps are listed below on how to sign out and then back in with which ever Apple ID you wish to use.

Sign out of iTunes & App Store: Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap on your Apple ID and sign out. Once you're signed out, restart your device and go back to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign in with the Apple ID you want to use. This step will temporarily remove any music you’ve saved for offline listening, you will have to redownload all the music saved for offline manually again.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac

The article below shows how to sign in with your Apple ID, and at the bottom it does explain that you can use two separate Apple IDs, one for iCloud and the iTunes & App Store and how to do that as well.

Sign in with your Apple ID

Hope that helped!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Apr 27, 2019 9:21 PM in response to chris_g1

Hello,

Thankyou for your response. Please bear with my level of knowledge with these devises. I am not good with using neither one one the devises.

Just to make things simpler I wanted to change my iCloud ID I have on my iphone7 w/ios12 into the same single ID I have on my iPad. I was trying to follow the instructions on “Use different Apple ID’s for iCloud and iTunes” and it tells you to go to settings and tap Sign in to your device and enter your Apple ID that you want to use with iCloud but there isn’t a place where you can enter your ID?.

When I go to settings and tap my name, it will show iCloud with my iCloud ID and I just cannot get anywhere to change that ID like is says on the instruction. I just cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. What am I doing wrong??

How to set old iPhone 7 to share photos with new iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.